In this episode of the Ultimate Leadership Podcast Chris is joined by Author, Speaker, and Coach Peter Docker. Peter is the author of his new book Leading From the Jump Seat:How to Create Extraordinary Opportunities by Handing Over Control.
Peter breaks down his concept of Jumpseat Leadership. He breaks down the three main themes of Jumpseat Leadership: Commitment, Humble Confidence, and Belonging.
Our Conversation to explores:
- When something is important enough: Tapping into the power of drivers.
- The difference between a stand and a position, and why it matters.
- What Commitment looks like.
- Finding the signal amongst the noise.
- Fear, Love and courage.
- Hope over optimism, and the leader’s role.
- When ego gets in our way – and the source of the antidote.
- How to be significant.
- Being yourself.
- Leading when we don’t know the answer and empowering the collective genius.
- Nurturing a sense of belonging – and why that matters.
- Responsibility over accountability.
- When the pressure is on: response over reaction.
- Handing over control at scale.
Check out our new Leadership Development Resource. KLDR Online Leadership Development Radio. Playing the Hits of the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s along with Leadership Development Talk Radio. Listen at www.kldronline.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download